The Estuary

The Estuary

Thursday 18 June 2015

Losing weight and saving money

On Tuesday I attended a Crafting and Quilting work shop at my sister's and in the afternoon we went to Bournemouth to visit my daughter-in-law.

It was a lovely day. I enjoyed doing some micro macramé in the company of other crafters at Lorne Hill Farm. Sandra was sewing, Sandra C was making a little puppy out of sheep and alpaca wool, Joy was making a quilt and Joanne was sewing badges onto Jonathan and George's Morris Dancing outfits.


Joy's beautiful  Quilt
 
Bournemouth was stunning. The sun was shining. Meena's new flat is in a lovely location near to a huge wooded park and the long sandy beach was glorious.


Walking through the park

What a lovely beach

 And then an added bonus, Country Casuals in Bournemouth was having a closing down sale. This gave me the opportunity to save £170!! A great start to my thrifty lifestyle now I am retired. (No need to think about how much I had to spend to save this much). I love the clothes in Country Casuals and if anyone else wants a bargain you can go to their website and order online.



Some of my bargains

However, whilst trying on my new clothes I couldn't help but notice that my waist has expanded massively. That probably explains why so many of my skirts are so uncomfortable to wear and why I haven't worn jeans for nearly a year.

The time has come to get back in control of this situation so I am embarking on a weight loss campaign. I have done it before. I will weigh and measure all my food and drink and keep daily records. I will exercise everyday - hula hoop or walking. I will plot the results on my graph. I will reduce my calorie intake to about 1250 per day and aim to lose a stone in 2 months.










If anyone else wants to do it with me, let me know and we can compare progress. I can email you blank copies of the simple record forms.
 
 
 
p.s. The van is back from the garage. The mechanic has replaced yet another part and maybe this has solved the problem. The next few weeks will be the test.

4 comments:

  1. Your diet plan looks a bit scary. I'm sticking to the ryvita and practising holding my tummy in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a bit more than that - as you saw when I was trying on clothes!

      Delete
  2. I don`t mind trying along with you (will keep my own record) but I`m not starting til after our Greek holiday!!! I thought it was just me...when I semi-retired I put on a lot of weight and was the heaviest I`ve ever been. It wasn`t til I saw a ghastly photo that I realised what was happening. I think it`s not using all the nervous energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my weight gain is the result of loads of chocolate! Good idea to wait til after your holiday. Then we can compare notes.

      Delete