It has been a hectic and exasperating week and there has been slight slippage of the moving timetable...
|Moving day was September 30th but has now stretched on to October 5th|
The week was full of ups and downs.
- Looking forward to exchange of contracts ready for completion and moving in on September 30th
- But no clear communication from Bovis.
- Solicitor returns from leave and says she has not received necessary communications from Bovis so cannot exchange until Thursday or Friday at the earliest
- Removal men cannot reserve moving day for us unless we give them a clear week's notice
- Cannot reserve removals in time so instruct solicitor to inform Bovis that we will postpone completion until Monday 5th October
- Bovis communicate with solicitor and say they want to complete on the 30th and will issue us with a licence to stay in our present house for up to a week to give us time to reserve removal men.
- Sign contracts ready for exchange
- Towards the end of the day Bovis sales ring up and inform that there is an issue with the drainage system and the NHBC certificate cannot be signed off.
- Solicitor says exchange cannot go ahead without the NHBC certificate
- Bovis solicitor informs our solicitor that NHBC cover note can be issued as long as we sign a letter to say we are aware of the drainage issue.
- Contracts exchanged!!!!!
- (so we probably could have booked the removal men for the 30th)
- Serious difficulties regarding carpet layers - Bovis have parted company with planned fitters.
- Lets forget about all this and go camping in Cornwall. We can visit Harry and take the fish to their new home...
FISH MOVING DAY September 26th:
|They weren't too happy when I fished them out and put them in this bucket.|
Quite a lot of splashing and complaining.
|Quite comfortable travel arrangements in the back of the van.|
Ju-u-rin and Winkie. The fish of Joe and Meena and Luke.
|Arrived in Devon.|
Alive and well and getting used to the taste of the water from the new pond.
|Our friend's Dave and Jan have rather a luxurious pond compared to what our fish have been used to!|
So the fish move went smoothly - lets see how we get on!