The Estuary

The Estuary

Thursday 2 July 2015

Getting stuff done.


Two months since I retired! I have slipped into a loose routine.
I find I feel a need to get stuff done each day. I wasn't expecting that. But there's no pressure and most things can wait until tomorrow, next week or next month, if necessary (except for my blog which I have promised myself to publish every Monday and Thursday... and 'Walking Club' on Wednesdays... and Bridge on Mondays and Fridays). Quite a lot really.

Moving day is beginning to sound like a reality - sometime at the end of August.

Next Friday we have an appointment with the Bovis site manager and the agent for our new house and need to choose flooring. Well that's not easy! We can buy from Bovis and it will all be done before we move in or we can buy it somewhere else and have it done after we move in.

The Carpetright website has lots of information


We just need to compare the price and quality of carpets, vinyl, ceramic tiles and wood from a range of suppliers and we are done. Of course we also just need to learn about how to judge the quality of carpets, ceramic tiles, vinyl and wood. That's something to get done before Friday, if possible.


However, Wimbledon has started. I have not had the luxury of 'Total Wimbledon' for over twenty years so intend to make the most of it. That's something to get done NOW.

Luxury lunch while watching the tennis (289 calories)

My diet is going well. The weight loss graph is going down and I am feeling quite pleased with myself for getting that done.

Luxury snack while watching the tennis (35 calories)

Macramé is keeping me busy. We have lots of family birthdays in the summer months so lots of cards to make. They have to be done in plenty of time for posting.


Sam's was a 3dimensional experimental card!

With so much to do I woke up early and saw the moon just before dawn.

The moon was orange getting ready for sunrise.
 
 So retirement feels pretty good. Still lots to get done, but fun.





2 comments:

  1. The card for Sam looks like an exotic jellyfish. Your tennis lunches and snacks look lovely. Have you given up wine or is that sparkly water? My starting point for diet was a weigh-in after hols!!!!? But I have lost 2lbs. I LOVE my micro star thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't given up wine. You're off to a good start for your diet!

      Delete