The Estuary

The Estuary

Thursday 9 July 2015

Fruit tarts

Still suffering from the weekend's sunburn so just a short post and no pictures of my red raw face!

I have been practising making fresh fruit tarts as I am planning to make some to take to the Bridge Club barbecue next weekend.

I cheated a bit by using some shop bought pastry cases and ready made custard.

First take a sweet pastry tart case
Add vanilla custard thickened by heating
 
 
Cut up a selection of fresh fruits


Arrange the fruit tastefully to cover all the custard

Coat the fruit with glaze made from redcurrant jelly


Hand over to official taster!

Paul was the official taster. He said they were excellent and he would no longer be buying from the expensive pastry shop in town!

I hope to get mini tartlet cases for the barbecue and maybe work on getting the glaze a bit neater.

P.S. This size is about 200 calories a tart so I am only having one.


5 comments:

  1. That was my idea, but may not be possible due to limited number. I'll see what I can do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I bet there will be none left by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete