The Estuary

The Estuary

Monday 18 May 2015

The Beginning


29th April 2015
 
Retirement day finally came!

I had a brilliant retirement dinner at the local Indian Restaurant (although I was too excited to eat much), followed by plenty to drink at the Armoury. I received lots of lovely cards, flowers, balloons and gifts. It was a day to remember!


Next day came and life went on as usual as I haven't worked on a Friday for years. Then the next week came. I had only been working one day a week for the last month, so not much different really. However, knowing there was no Wednesday work day coming somehow cast a strange shadow.


I was beginning to float with no sense of direction. I had expected to enjoy this feeling but instead found it rather unnerving. How annoying!




3 comments:

  1. I like the beginning! Looking forward to the next instalment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being the first to comment on my blog. Smiley faces don't seem to be working today so imagine one here.

      Delete