The Estuary

The Estuary

Wednesday 28 September 2016

July, August,September 2016

No posts through the summer. Too busy gardening (and playing Pokémon Go).

It is almost a year since we moved to Devon and this will be my final blog post for the time being.

Summer has been fun. We have enjoyed having a succession of visitors. I have relearnt how to bake scones and have provided a few Devonshire cream teas!

Ready for visitors!


In my last post (June 2016) I showed my first pickings from the garden. Two bunches of sweetpeas and a small bunch of radishes.

The garden has provided continuing produce and entertainment through the summer months.

Produce
A good supply of runner beans
Plenty of radishes




  
Beetroot
A good crop of chillis

Enough to pickle

I picked sweetpeas for 3 months


 Entertainment

Paul has been building a rockery for his modern miniature daffodils and other alpines


We have enjoyed using the firepit Paul gave me for Christmas.


Fish and chips in the garden with Sam


Discussing the meaning of life etc. with Mark




 
 
I have also had time to track down local sea food
 
Tasty Clovelly lobster!


And of course play Pokémon Go....


I am level 21 now and have 76  Pokémon in my pokedex!


But now Summer is coming to an end along with my first year in Devon. I think I am gradually adjusting to retirement. My plan for the coming year is to avoid too much planning...


Final bunch of sweetpeas for this year.




I suppose I could do a Pokémon Go blog....



I caught this one in the van


 What a happy retirement...




6 comments:

  1. Your garden and produce look fab! Glad to see that you're enjoying your new life in Devon! And the rain stopped for a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes we have actually had very good summer weather. Of course when you are retired you can make the most of any sun😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those lovely sweet peas and the lush bean plants! Very envious. I think I'll try planting my sweet peas on New Year's day this year - is that when you're supposed to do it? - or perhaps now in the greenhouse. As for Pokémon - you're a loony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. You need the warm and gentle rain of Devon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed your blog and sorry to see its the end.You have done so well with your new garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments. I will keep on reading your blog for inspiration.
    It's my last post for the time being so you never know I may do an occasional update.

    ReplyDelete