The Estuary

The Estuary

Monday 23 November 2015

Social Scene



Well we've been living in Devon for seven weeks!!

It feels fairly normal in some respects and completely strange in other ways.

Retiring to Devon means that I don't go out to work. That is strange in itself but it also means a massive reduction in the number of people I interact with and that is very strange...

Reminds me of the early days of retirement back in April.
Feeling a bit aimless.

We are lucky that we have had lots of visits from family members so that has helped keep me fairly sane.

I have been making a big effort to meet new people. Not really my comfort zone and I think I may have over done it slightly - bridge class, bridge club, geology club, walking group.

Of course I have met our neighbours on the estate (still only 4 households) and our neighbours over the back. All very friendly.

We have also met the farmer from over the back who has loads of free range chickens. Paul bought some eggs off him today and they were very good.

The eggs from the white chickens have a very pale blue shell!

We see a lot of the Bovis staff and workmen and have got to know them pretty well.

I might consider signing up for some voluntary work in the New Year but don't want to rush into it.

For now its probably best to concentrate on working in the garden and getting ready for Christmas!
 

Enjoyed some gardening this weekend.
Set up my bird feeding station and started work on my old wall








5 comments:

  1. You won't have time for voluntary work with all those clubs!
    Plus you need to dig a veggie patch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've planned a small veg plot for my part of the garden and Paul will probably make another one somewhere Can't wait.

      Delete
  2. Those eggs look good and great to have nearby. Can`t imagine starting out somewhere new but you seem to be getting there. Funny old time of the year really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the eggs are great. It is a funny time of year but Christmas is on its way.

      Delete